CRICOS course code: 0102087
Level of study: Career Based/Vocational
Build a life changing fashion styling portfolio while participating in exploratory and real-life projects. Expand your knowledge while learning how to style, shoot and promote photographic and film shoots. Understand the impacts of social media, build engaging blogs and grow social media platforms to showcase your ideas.
Effectively communicate design concepts, contribute creative ideas to styling campaigns and gain a professional understanding of retail spaces, branding and marketing.
- Study the standalone Fashion Styling Diploma in just one year over three trimesters, full time.
- Use the Diploma as a foundation for a direct pathway into our unique Bachelor of Design Arts degree. After completing the full Diploma, you can get credit for the first three trimesters of the Degree with a major in the aligned discipline.
- Use the Diploma as an entry pathway to work in the field that you love. We provide extensive career support to help find a position that is right for you.
Fashion Styling Course Objectives
- Develop and provide clients with tailored creative opportunities and solutions for styling or marketing.
- Understanding of the professional landscape, commercial manufacturing, consumer behaviour and fashion marketing.
- Build relationships with industry experts through networking and placement opportunities.
- Learn to successfully plan, develop and project manage fashion events and shoots.
- Identity global fashion design trends, enhance entrepreneurial skills and recognise the importance of branding.
Prospective Student Profile
- Interest in fashion and fashion trends
- Innovative thinker
Course Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of the context, concepts, and design principles of the Fashion Styling field
- Knowledge and awareness of design practice, and industry standards and expectations for Fashion Styling
- Cognitive skills to analyse and evaluate information, concepts and ideas for Fashion Styling projects
- Creative and technical skills to develop ideas appropriate for different Fashion Styling outcomes and markets
- Visual, verbal and creative communication skills to present information in professional formats
Application of knowledge and skills
- Through the practice of appropriate and effective ideas generation and decision-making within commercial and creative environments
- Through the identification and evaluation of effective professional Fashion Styling practices aligned to appropriate client briefs
- With responsibility and accountability for their own professional practice and in collaboration with others within a Fashion Styling environment
Class Size and Facilities
- Small classes. Generally no more than 18.
- State-of-the-art facilities, including industry standard computing equipment and software.
Possible Careers after studying Fashion Styling diploma
- Fashion buyer
- Fashion and style blogger
- Editorial and commercial fashion styling or marketing
- Visual merchandiser
- Wardrobe stylist
- Social media of event stylist
- Fashion retail or brand stylist
Click here for more details on this course.
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of VCE or year 12 equivalent or work experience equivalence;
- is aged 18 and over;
- Proof of English Proficiency (IELTS score of 6.0 with no skills band lower than 5.5 or equivalent like TOEFL, Pearson Test of English or CAE).
150 Oxford Street
Similar course options