CRICOS course code: 102291B
Level of study: Postgraduate
Available 100% online and undertaken over 2-years full-time or 3-years part time, the Master of eLearning is specifically designed to develop the skills needed to meaningfully engage in all aspects for eLearning in both educational institutions and professional settings.
Eight subjects in this course are also offered face-to-face at HELI’s Melbourne campus.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of eLearning will be able to:
- Integrate learning and teaching theory and practice into eLearning environments
- Develop innovative eLearning solutions
- Direct learning in eLearning environments
- Devise effective communication utilising a range of media
- Reflect on personal and practitioner performance, and the outcomes of eLearning
- Critically review learning and teaching theory and practice
The following rules of progression, prerequisites and compulsory requirements apply to this course:
- The course comprises 11 core subjects (including a double weighted Capstone subject).
- Students will normally complete 800 level subjects prior to undertaking 900 level subjects.
- Students must accrue a total of 64 credit points to be awarded the qualification.
- The Capstone subject HEP906 will normally be the last subject taken in the course sequence. However, students who need to take HEP906 out of sequence require the approval of the Course Coordinator and will also be required to have completed HEP903.
- Domestic students may study full-time or part-time and take all their subjects online or opt to undertake designated subjects (^) face-to-face at HELI’s Melbourne campus.
- Onshore international students (studying on a student visa) must study full-time face-to-face with the exception of the four designated (*) online subjects that are not offered face-to-face and must be studied online for alignment with subject focus.
- Offshore international students will complete the course 100% online and may study full-time or part-time.
- Full-time students (including onshore international students) normally complete 6 subjects per year and complete the course in 2 years over 8 Terms.
- Part-time students normally complete 4 subjects per year and complete the course in 3 years over 12 Terms.
Students are normally expected to undertake the course in the sequence detailed in the table above.
Each subject is delivered over a study period of 10 weeks which includes 9 weeks of structured activities and 1 week for finalising and submitting assessments. Each subject has 4 hours of structured educator-directed activities per week and you should allow an average of 8 hours per week of self-directed activities for reading, additional study and preparing assessment tasks. Details of subject aims, content and assessment tasks can be found via the subject code in the table above.
Click here for more details on this course.
|Tuition Fees (AUD $)
3,000 per subject
18 Jul 2022
10 Oct 2022
Self study / online (with attendance)
HELI’s Melbourne campus
Level 1, 399 Lonsdale Street
Applicants for this course must provide evidence that they hold a bachelor degree (or equivalent or higher) in any discipline (subject to verification).
Applicants with international qualifications not delivered in English must demonstrate English equivalency by providing evidence of one of the following:
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 or higher overall with a writing score of at least 6.5 with no band lower than 6.0; or
- IBT (Internet-based TOEFL) overall score of 79 with a writing section minimum of 21 and speaking 18; or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Overall score 180, writing and speaking 180; or
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): Overall 176 with a writing and speaking minimum score of 169: or
- PTE Academic Module with a minimum score of 58 with a writing and speaking section minimum of 50 OR
- English For Academic Purposes Level 2 (EAP 2): Upper Intermediate ‘A’ grade or higher with IELTS 6.5 requirement.
Higher Education Leadership Institute
Level 10, 160 Sussex St
New South Wales
Similar course options