Footscray Park campus
70 - 104 Ballarat Road
Melbourne Victoria 3011
CRICOS course code: 042907J
Level of study: Masters Degrees
Develop an understanding of the theory and practice of counselling with the Master of Counselling at VU.
You can gain experience in both ‘adult’ and ‘child and adolescent’ counselling, focusing your learning on:
Accredited by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA), the Master of Counselling covers:
Please note: this is not a psychology course accredited by the Australian Psychological Society.
This course is accredited by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA), Australia's largest single registration body for Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
Careers in counselling
This course leads to careers in:
To attain the Master of Counselling students will be required to complete 192 credit points in total consisting of the following:
48 credit points of Research studies
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Critically review the theoretical knowledge of counselling theory and its application;
2. Exhibit an awareness of psychological theory relevant to their workplace and interests;
3. Appraise and articulate of the range of counselling interventions and psychological therapies offered by helping professions;
4. Develop a proposal using appropriate research methods deploying critical reading within the counselling literature; and
5. Further develop an applied knowledge of professional practice.
Click here for more details on this course.
|Tuition Fees (AUD $)||Start date||Duration||Campus|
30,400 Per Year
Read more15,200 per semester
|19 Feb 2024||
370 Little Lonsdale Street (VU City Tower) & 295 Queen Street (Law hub)
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
English language requirements
IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79
Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50)
University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.