Footscray Park campus
70 - 104 Ballarat Road
Melbourne Victoria 3011
CRICOS course code: 075552C
Level of study: Certificates & Diplomas
The Diploma of Business (Enterprise) provides students with the opportunity to prepare for transition into university studies and further studies in the Bachelor of Business (BBNS) and/or for transition to the business workforce at entry level.
It will give you a broad introduction to the industry and a range of skills relevant to working in the business sector, including foundation skills in:
This course is delivered in a blended delivery model which allows you to take responsibility for your learning by accessing resources and completing activities in an online environment prior to attending a facilitated face-to-face session that progresses and applies the learning.
Careers in business
A business qualification can be tailored to suit your particular situation and interest. Focus your studies in one of our specializations and gain transferable skills that allow you to work successfully in a number of professions within a variety of organizations. The diploma will help you take the next step and pathway to an undergraduate degree.
With a variety of business degree specializations, your job options could include:
Organizations employing business graduates
As a business professional, you could gain employment in private business or the public sector in a broad spectrum of fields including human resources, retail and marketing.
To attain the Diploma of Business (Enterprise), students will be required to complete:
96 credit points (equivalent to 8 units).
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Review and integrate a range of fundamental business theories in the analysis of contemporary business problems in domestic and international contexts;
2. Employ appropriate business tools to support decision-making and project planning in general business contexts;
3. Assess the impact of a range of common contemporary external and internal social, structural, cultural, technological and ethical factors on effective business practices;
4. Work collaboratively in teams to develop skills required for analysis, planning, designing, prioritising and evaluating effective approaches and solutions to a range of common business problems;
5. Explain ideas and perspectives clearly and coherently using verbal, written and visual modes of delivery appropriate for audiences in general business contexts;
6. Develop increased personal awareness, self-motivation and adaptability in readiness to engage in a range of business environments; and
7. Demonstrate developing skills of self-directed learning, academic literacy and numeracy, interpersonal communication and emerging professional skills.
Pathways to further study
On completion of this course you will be guaranteed entry into the following degree and in some cases receive credit for your study:
Bachelor of Accounting
You will be credited for up to 72 credit points of study.
Bachelor of Business
You will be credited for up to 96 credit points of study.
Click here for more details on this course.
|Tuition Fees (AUD $)||Start date||Duration||Campus|
22,600 Per Year
Read more11,300 per semester
02 Oct 2023
19 Feb 2024
29 Apr 2024
370 Little Lonsdale Street (VU City Tower) & 295 Queen Street (Law hub)
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent).
English language requirements
IELTS (Academic module): Overall score of 5.5 (no band less than 5.0)
TOEFL Internet: Overall score of 55
Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 42-49 (with no section score less than 40)
University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 162. No individual band less than 154.
VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 4): achieved.