Melbourne Victoria 3122
Level of study: Graduate Certificates
The Graduate Certificate in Forensic Behavioural Science is designed to provide the necessary basic knowledge and training to enable a range of professionals to work within forensic settings.
Professionals who work in forensic mental health/behavioural science contexts, or with forensic populations (such as offenders) require specialised skills. The course will provide a comprehensive introduction to key principles and work practices in forensic fields, including an overview of relevant legal systems and procedures, and the fundamentals of violence risk assessment and management.
Aims and objectives
Upon successfully completing the Graduate Certificate in Forensic Behavioural Science, students will be able to:
1. Apply specialised knowledge of the core issues and theories required for practice in the field of forensic behavioural science.
2. Apply specialised knowledge of the technical aspects of law, forensic systems, and ethics, enabling professional practice in disciplines related to forensic behavioural science.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of forensic practice, and the capacity to critically analyse, evaluate and respond to challenges unique to working in forensic settings.
4. Identify relevant methods, concepts and theories within forensic behavioural science, to enable evidence-based practice in their discipline.
5. Effectively communicate relevant knowledge and ideas with the diverse range of professionals and clients encountered in forensic settings.
6. Apply knowledge of legal frameworks, professional practice and offending behaviour wherever forensic issues are relevant to their work.
7. Adapt knowledge and core practice skills in forensic behavioural science in a manner which is responsible and largely autonomous.
Click here for more details on this course.
|Tuition Fees (AUD $)||Start date||Duration||Campus|
|16,700 Per Year||
27 Feb 2023
31 Jul 2023
Swinburne University of Technology
Melbourne Victoria 3122
A recognised three-year bachelor degree in any of the following fields:
Completion of Bachelor degrees in other relevant disciplines will be considered.
Non-graduate special entry
A minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of one of the following: